Applying for SSI/SSDI in Utah?
Applying for Disability in Utah?
Joel Ban and Ban Law Office PC is ready to assist in your disability claim whether you have applied or need assistance to apply. Please call us at 801-532-2447 for a free consult on your disability claim.
How do I know if I’m disabled?
The rules are not entirely simple, but they consider:
• Whether you cannot do the work that you did before?
• You cannot adjust to other work because of your medical condition(s); and
• Your disability has lasted or is expected to last for at least one year or is expected to result in death.
How do I Apply?
It is pretty simple it can be done on the social security website, by calling social security, or going to one of their offices. We can also assist you to apply. There is no cost for this.
When Should I Apply?
It is generally very important to apply right after the point in time where you become unable to work.
How long will it take to get approved?
Although it is easy to apply for disability it is generally quite difficult to get approved and usually only occurs after waiting a long time. Often it is at least two years to get a hearing with a disability judge. Also approval ratings by disability judges have decreased in the past few years.
Why did I get denied?
Any number of reasons usually a younger age, more work experience or education will factor into a decision. Usually through no fault of your own the medical evidence doesn’t sufficiently explain the problem or the doctor does not understand the program’s rules. This is why having an experienced attorney is beneficial.
Reasons to call Ban Law Office PC
• To determine if I have a good claim—for free!
• The best way to apply
• Help to determine the day your disability started—this can affect how much you will be awarded!
• How to describe your past work
• What type of information is most useful to get your claim approved.